February 22, 2015

Book Review: To All The Boys I've Loved Before

to all the boys i've loved before, jenny han, to all the boys i've loved before book cover, to all the boys i've loved before review, jenny han books

Title: To All The Boys I've Loved Before
Author: Jenny Han
Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: April 15, 2014
Format: Hardcover/Paperback
Pages: 368
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary



To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.


Can we take a moment to admire the cover? Isn't it pretty?

So basically the story revolves around Lara Jean who who wrote a letter to every boy she had ever loved - and had her heart broken by - and stored them in a hatbox. That's 5 boys we're talking about, mind you. All is almost fine until one day she loses her hatbox and all her ex-lovers receive their letters. *ouch*

The rest of the book is about how she tackles all these highly embarrassing scenarios, but soon finds herself in a love triangle sort-of thingy to avoid confrontation with one of her former lovers. And well, the obvious happens. She falls in love with the person she's pretending to be in love with.

I don't really like all the characters. Except, this one particular person named Peter. He's arrogant, proud, sarcastic, snobby but also really I-won't-show-but-I-secretly-care-for-you kind of boy. I LOVE PETER!

So yes, I highly recommend this book. It is so good and a very light-read. There's a lot of twist and teen angst (if you know what I mean). Also, the sequel to the book, P.S I Still Love You, will be coming out this May. Ohmygosh I can't wait for more Peter. YASS!

RATINGS: 4 out of 5

Have you read To All The Boys I've Loved Before?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...