January 19, 2015

10 Films I'm Excited To Watch In 2015


I've been very busy these past 2 weeks with some serious family emergencies. Thankfully, they're all solved now. But on a completely gloomy note, I've lost my Year I Admit Card, without which the college won't issue me my marksheet. So now I'm stuck running back and forth between my college and the University headquarters to request for a duplicate Admit Card. I know, I know, so very careless of me!

Anyway, hullo there. Did you miss me (be a dear and say yes, please)? So today I want to share with you some films I am cray-cray excited to watch this year. And I hope you are too. *does the happy dance*



THE DIVERGENT SERIES: INSURGENT

This is the second film based on the Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth and I'm personally SO excited for it because it's one of my all-time favourite trilogies till date. So the film takes off with Tris, Four, Caleb, Peter and Marcus escaping the Dauntless quarters and taking refuge with the Amity. I can't say much because then I'd be giving away spoilers. Besides, I can't wait to see more of Shay-Shay kicking some serious bums as Tris Prior. And ofcourse, Theo James as Four. *swoon*



FIFTY SHADES OF GREY

I gotta be honest: I haven't read the books. I have no idea what's the whole hullabaloo is about (apart from all the erotic stuff). My sister has been forcing me to read it ever since it came out, but no, I still haven't read it. So I'm going to take a chance and maybe watch the film before I read the books. But so far, the trailer seems really good. Like really good.



PITCH PERFECT 2

Pitch Perfect is basically about an all-female college a cappella group called Barden Bellas who goes on to participate in the national a cappella championship. Now in the second film, the Barden Bellas will be seen participating in an international a cappella competition which apparently no American team has ever won.



INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER 3

Well, THIS is something I would never ever miss. Although I have to admit, the trailer kind of lacks that chilling catching-you-off-guard factor. But well, maybe the film will surprise us. I can already see Lin Shaye making a comeback as Elise Rainier, and I love love love her character.



MINIONS

Do I have to say anything? Duh. Okay, so Minions is more of a prequel to Despicable Me series and the story begins with these 3 minions seeking a new master when they bump into world's first female super-villain. #CutenessOverload



WILD

I highly suspect Wild probably never released in India Kolkata (like all good films). Now I have to be honest. The theme of Wild sort of reminded me of Eat, Pray, Love. You know the whole travelling-and-discovering-oneself-after-divorce-and-personal-trauma? But anyway, Reese Witherspoon is one of my favourite actresses and she has put up such an amazing performance in the film.



MARGARITA WITH A STRAW

I remember mentioning once in my blog that Kalki Koechlin is my favourite Indian actress, and this why. Margarita With a Straw is a film about Laila who's suffering from cerebral palsy. She gets admitted to NYU where she meets a girl named Khanum and thus starts Laila's journey of discovering her sexuality. I remember sitting stunned when I first saw the trailer. Kalki Koechlin had that kind of effect on me.



THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING

I'm planning to catch The Theory of Everything in the theatre sometime this week. When I first heard about the film I thought it'll be yet another boring biopic. But ohmygosh I swear I was literally trembling by the time the trailer ended. It is so beautiful and touching and I mean, so much more than reflecting on Stephen Hawking's life. I-I can't even put into words.



AND SOME MORE...

Two other films that I'm definitely looking forward to are-

a) PAPER TOWNS based on John Green's novel of the same name starring Nat Wolff and Cara Delevingne. The book wasn't as good as TFiOS but it was interesting to quite some extent. So I'm really looking forward to it. No trailer out yet so far!

b) MOCKINGJAY: PART 2, the final franchise of the Hunger Games series based on Suzanne Collins' trilogy of the same name. Do I have to say more? If you haven't read the trilogy, you haven't lived, my friend. Then again, no one really lives in Hunger Games {forgive the irony). Again, no trailer so far.

Now now tell me. What films are YOU looking forward to this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...