December 14, 2014

Book Review: God Is A Gamer

god is a gamer, god is a gamer review, god is a gamer book cover, ravi subramanian

Title: God Is A Gamer
Author: Ravi Subramanian
Publisher: Penguin Books India
Publication Date: September 12, 2014
Format: Paperback
Pages: 310
Genre: Thriller
Source: Received for review from BlogAdda




What happens when you cross gamer, banker, politician and terrorist with virtual money? God Is A Gamer is a world where money means nothing, martyrs are villains, predators are prey, assassination is taught by the ancient Greeks, and nothing is as it seems. Moving from Washington's Congress to Delhi's finance ministry, the beaches of Goa to the corporate boardrooms of Mumbai, this is Ravi Subramaninan's most gripping novel yet.



This review will be particularly disappointing because well, this really isn't my kind of book. I guess I could have liked this book had it not been stuffed with such techy, political, business terms. I mean, really? There are SO many stories happening in this one little book. I had a hard time getting into the rhythm of the book.

So there are scams and money trails and murders and manipulations and crazy drug dealers and even crazier characters doing illegal things. Like I said, a LOT of things were happening at the same time and it was quite confusing for me to keep up with.

Oh and then there's the FBI, the President of America (Obama?!), smart detectives, genius/shrewd businessmen and real-life incidents (Spoiler Alert: WikiLeaks!!). Also, the fascinating Bitcoin system which, pardon me, I still haven't quite understood. Bitcoins are supposedly digital currency (???). Don't get me wrong though. The book has a good dose of suspense and lots of chasing. But yeah well...

Please forgive my inability to understand this book. I DNFed this book at about 40%.

RATINGS: 1 out of 5

Disclaimer: This review is a part of the biggest Book Review Program for Indian Bloggers. Participate now to get free books!

Have you read God Is A Gamer?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...