November 06, 2014

My Writing Process


Before I start this post, I'll just pause and say how guilty I feel for ignoring my blog. I just got really caught up with NaNoWriMo. You know, National Novel Writing Month a.k.a November. Ofcourse, no one warned me how crazy it actually is (read: writing a 50,000 words novel in 30 days). So naturally, right now I'm juggling my *cough* novel *cough*, my college, my upcoming tests and this blog. So today, I'll write a quick post before burying myself in books.

This post was been due for quite some time. So I'll just get straight to the point. I was tagged by Noor from Noor's Place to do the The Writing Process tag. Well, as the name says I'll shed some light on the not-so-boring-but-still-awesome things that happen behind the scene blog.



1. What am I working on?

Like I had already mentioned, right now I'm busy with NaNoWriMo. I'm trying my best to hit the 50,000 words novel target by November 30. It's so different but still fun. Speaking of my blog, I just hope to keep up with the consistency. I don't have any posts pre-planned for November. So I'll be writing them as we go.

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?

Oh wow.. uhh, I don't know really. I mean, we keep saying how important it is to stand out and being original and everything, but at the end of the day I think we are all redoing something or the other (in our own way). As for me, I'm not quite sure what genre my work belongs to. But whatever it is I'm writing about, I try my best to hit a chord with my readers, like on an emotional level. Say, by making them laugh or ponder or feel or anything else.

3. Why do I write?

I know it might sound funny, but I write because it makes me happy. Like I-don't-know-why-but-I-feel-good kind of happy. It just does. I can express myself better in writing than in spoken words. I'm just not really good at talking about "stuffs".

Besides, I get these heebijeebis when I have to talk face-to-face with someone new or worse, a crowd. I start mumbling, fumbling, sweating, stuttering. It's horrible. Compared to all that, I find it a lot easy to speak through writing. Like I'm doing now. But, I promise you I'm not the creepy introvert girl who scribbles in a mysterious notebook 24/7 (no offense). Writing is just my way of venting out all that is going on inside my teeny-tiny brain.


4. How does my writing process work?

I'll just twist the famous proverb to fit in my case: "Writing begins with notebooks". It does, it really does. I have this odd habit of carrying around a notebook with me anywhere and everywhere I go. I don't quite trust myself when it comes to "brainstorming". Sometimes, ideas just strike me at the oddest of places (shower, anyone?).

So I jot things down on my notebook. I have an editorial calendar for my blog which I update from time-to-time. I take possible ideas out of my notebook, put them in my calendar and space them out so they don't overlap. And when the time comes, I put on some good music, find/edit a suitable photo, write my post, check-double-check it for errors and publish it. Ta-da...


By the power vested in me, I hereby ask the following people to blog about their writing process too. #CuriousMe

1. Jasey from Jasey Jade

2. Becky from BeckyBoop

3. Tianna from Storybook Apothecary

xxxxxxxxxx

Over to you now... tell me, how does your blogging process work?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...